Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Lindelöf <da...@adhoco.com> on 2007/04/23 10:34:41 UTC

STARTING and STOPPING bundle events

Dear all,

Some bundle events seem not to be notified to BundleListeners, in
particular STARTING and STOPPING events.

The OSGi specs 6.1.9 state that bundle listeners will be called when a
bundle is installed, resolved, started, stopped, updated or uninstalled,
so I guess this is the correct behaviour. But then what are STARTING and
STOPPING events used for?

Best regards,
David Lindelöf
Product Developer
Adhoco AG
Technopark
Jagerstrasse 2
8406 Winterhur
tel +41-52-203.2903
mob +41-79-415.6641
fax +41-52-203.2904
e-mail david.lindelof@adhoco.com
url http://www.adhoco.com
weblog http://visnet.ch/~lindelof/smartbuildings/

Why did the Lord give us so much quickness of movement unless it was to
avoid responsibility with?

Re: STARTING and STOPPING bundle events

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Felix dispatches starting and stopping events to
SynchronousBundleListener only. It seems to be compliant with the spec.

To get these events, you need to implement SynchronousBundleListener
instead of BundleListener. Use the same addBundleListener method on the
bundle context to register your listener.

Regards,

Clement

--
Clement Escoffier
Grenoble University

Re: STARTING and STOPPING bundle events

Posted by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com>.
Hi David,

The spec also says, that the STARTING and STOPPING events are only delivered
to SynchronousBundleListeners, which are called synchronously (don't spend
too much time there !!).

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix