Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/23 04:10:47 UTC

[m2] any way to build one apt file from a site?

Site generation takes 1 minute.

But I am working on apt documentation and want to know almost
immediately if my stupid typos have been corrected.

Does anyone know a faster way to cause a single page to be parsed by
apt into html?

I'd be happier with an Eclipse APT editor but that's asking too much
:) and I don't have the time to write it.

Cheers
Bae

Re: [m2] any way to build one apt file from a site?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
> On 11/22/06, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Wendy, site:run starts the site up, which isn't what I am after.
> >
> > I want to parse "my_doc.apt" into html to check whether it converts correctly.
> > Waiting 1 minute for the entire site to be generated (with 3
> > lifecycles because of docchk, cobertura and base lifecycle) is too
> > much of a wait to see that I missed a closing } on my link.
>
> What am I missing?  If you edit the apt and then refresh your browser,
> you'll know immediately whether the apt is correct.  (If it's not,
> you'll get a blank page in the browser, and a stack trace in the
> console where you started jetty.)

Right, well that's not what I expected to happen.

I expected the web site to refresh the html but not to regenerate any
files created from apts.
Neat.

One nit pick, the css file appears to be missing, at least the layout
of the page is ugly.
And I get errors about:

:WARN:  /css/maven-theme.css:
        at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(AbstractList.java:449)

:WARN:  /css/site.css:
        at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(AbstractList.java:449)

Thanks for the help!

Re: [m2] any way to build one apt file from a site?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: [m2] any way to build one apt file from a site?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.