Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Anil Ramnanan <li...@peppersauce.org> on 2005/09/01 14:51:45 UTC

End of Summer of Code

Now that we have come to the end of the Summer of Code, I would like to
thank my mentor, Ross Gardler as well as the entire community for
helping me with this project. It has truly been a great learning
experience and has not only allowed me to contribute code to the project
but allowed me to learn how to become part of an Open Source community.

As for the future, I intend to keep contributing to the project. The
Eclipse Plugin is further along than it was before I started but it is
far from complete. I intent to continue development on it with your help
and support.

In addition to enhancing the plugin as an extension of the Eclipse IDE,
I also see the potential for the development of a GUI front end for
Forrest. I have already put in the necessary framework to extend the
Plugin to an Eclipse Rich Client Application which could be distributed
as a standalone application.

Again thank you for your help and support. Although the Summer of Code
is finished, I am not and I intend to continue contributing.

Regards,
Anil Ramnanan

Re: End of Summer of Code

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Anil Ramnanan wrote:

> Now that we have come to the end of the Summer of Code, I would like to
> thank my mentor, Ross Gardler as well as the entire community for
> helping me with this project. It has truly been a great learning
> experience and has not only allowed me to contribute code to the project
> but allowed me to learn how to become part of an Open Source community.

Thanks Anil, i am really pleased that we have
all gained benefit from this exercise.

-David

Re: End of Summer of Code

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
<snip/>
> In addition to enhancing the plugin as an extension of the Eclipse IDE,
> I also see the potential for the development of a GUI front end for
> Forrest. I have already put in the necessary framework to extend the
> Plugin to an Eclipse Rich Client Application which could be distributed
> as a standalone application.

Great having you around, doing GUI work and
even planning to extend it ...

> Again thank you for your help and support. Although the Summer of Code
> is finished, I am not and I intend to continue contributing.

Thank *you* for your contributions!

Johanney

> Regards,
> Anil Ramnanan

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Re: End of Summer of Code

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 18:25 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> > Anil Ramnanan wrote:
> >
> >> Again thank you for your help and support. Although the Summer of Code
> >> is finished, I am not and I intend to continue contributing.
> >

> > Nice to know Anil :-)
>
> +1000
>
> I'm travelling again, with intermittent access, however, at some point
> over the next week I need to do a "report" for Google. I can certainly
> say that I have been very impressed by your contribution to the code
> base and your increasing ivolvement in the community.
>
> I am thrilled to hear that you intend to stick around.

+1
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: End of Summer of Code

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Anil Ramnanan wrote:
>
>> Again thank you for your help and support. Although the Summer of Code
>> is finished, I am not and I intend to continue contributing.
>

> Nice to know Anil :-)

+1000

I'm travelling again, with intermittent access, however, at some point
over the next week I need to do a "report" for Google. I can certainly
say that I have been very impressed by your contribution to the code
base and your increasing ivolvement in the community.

I am thrilled to hear that you intend to stick around.

Ross

Re: End of Summer of Code

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.