Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Shahid Ahmad <sa...@conceptwave.com> on 2001/04/11 23:11:22 UTC

SOAP over SMTP -- help

I am having troubles getting the SMTP flavoured version of the StockQuoteService example to work from the SOAP Samples which is included with APACHE-SOAP. When the Client application (GetQuoteSMTP) is started it responds with the message: Status update: Error: Server replied with an error: Syntax error in parameters or arguments to MAIL command. I have checked all the parameters -- and all seems to be in order? Any help would be appreciated. Any pointers to or examples of SOAP over SMTP using JAVA would be greatly appreciated.
Ahmad

RE: SOAP over SMTP -- help

Posted by Frederic Jeanne <fj...@symetrx.com>.
Hello,

I got the StockQuoteSMTP working fine, but not the first time... I had to
run my project in debug ( I use Jbuilder 4 Foundation ). For this I got all
the src of the SMTP bean from IBM Alphabean CVS site and i integrate them in
Jbuilder.
I discovered that the url passed to SMTP ( the TO parameter ) wasn't well
formed (  it must be "mailto:<user@dest.com >")
For this I ran step by step in the bean method ... Its the kind of stupid
error which is usefull to find with a simple debugger ( waste your time but
... ).

I only have bad experiences with the SMTP2HTTP bridge ( which works fine !)
: When i realize multiple debug/stop in an other instance of Jbuilder, after
a certain time the IDE doesn't properly destroyed the instance ... So I had
multiple SMTP2HTTP bridge running and reading email message on the server :
(. But Jbuilder 4, to my opinion, is a GOOD product !
I also have installed on the same PC a Java SMTP/POP server for my tests
(quite easy to create two accounts (soapclient and soapserver)).

So don't give up, its just a question of obstinacy ;) .

Regards,

FJ.