Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/28 10:14:24 UTC

New fork available on GITHUB

Hi all,

It pleases me to be able to announce the availability of my fork of OFBiz
on GITHUB.

https://github.com/PierreSmits/OFBizBase

Highlights of this fork are:

   - No (default) inclusion of optional components in the application and
   specialpurpose stack
   - No (default) inclusion of optional themes
   - When executing the loadDefault command demo data is not loaded.

Feel free to check it out, fork and customise that to your needs.

Information (WIP) on various components included in this fork, and on
optional components, can be found via:
https://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2

Should you have any questions and/or remarks, feel free to post these to
this mailing list.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: New fork available on GITHUB

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Since the project is ofbiz, it is completely relevant to this mailing
list.  I appreciate it, for instance when new versions of BigFish are
announced.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the suggestion and recommendation, Jacopo.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Paul,

I agree that there are certainly not 400 active OFBiz forks in GitHub

I think Jacopo just wanted to highlight that we can't exchange about all the OFBiz forks in GitHub in this user ML

Jacques

Le 28/11/2016  12:00, Paul Piper a crit :

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
I appreciate the fork and the notification, Pierre.

Had a quick look - sounds really promising! Good job and thank you for
sharing!

Re: New fork available on GITHUB

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Should you have any questions and/or remarks, feel free to post these to
> this mailing list.

Since there are more than 400 forks of the official OFBiz mirror in GitHub
[*], it is not feasible to use these mailing lists to discuss
questions/remarks specific to them. If all the owners of each fork would do
the same then the discussions in this list would be very confusing. I
recommend you use other tools to communicate with interested users like for
examples the ones provided by GitHub (e.g. pull requests).

Thanks,

Jacopo

[*] https://github.com/apache/ofbiz