Posted to user@commons.apache.org by lu...@free.fr on 2009/06/11 17:51:46 UTC

Re: [math] NormalDistributionImpl and NoClassDefFoundError: MathException

First of all, could put a [math] marker in the subject line when posting to this list ? It is shared among all commons components and this policy helps people setting up filters.

----- "Patrick Meyer" <me...@virginia.edu> a écrit :

> I am using the following code in a method that catches and throws
> org.apache.commons.math.MathException.
>
> NormalDistributionImpl normal = new NormalDistributionImpl();
> double invNorm = normal.inverseCumulativeProbability(itemDifficulty);
>
> I import the class using
>
> import org.apache.commons.math.MathException;
>
> but when I compile and run my code I get this error message
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/math/MathException
>
> Any ideas what is happening? With my import statement, it seems like I
>
> should not be getting this error.

Do you have the commons-math jar in your classpath at runtime ?

Luc