Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu> on 2009/04/07 01:01:13 UTC

Re: problem running on a cluster of mixed hardware due to "Incompatible" buildVersion of JobTracker adn TaskTracker

Hey Bill,

I might be giving you bad advice (I've only verified this for HDFS
components on the 0.19.x branch, not the JT/TT or the 0.18.x branch),
but...

In my understanding, Hadoop only compares the base SVN revision
number, not the build strings.  Make sure that both have the SVN rev.
Our build machines don't have svn installed, so we actually have to
generate the correct SVN rev, then submit it to the build clusters.
We certainly don't have our build time strings match up.

Hope this helps!

Brian

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.
Ah yes, there you go ... so much for extrapolating on a Monday :).
Sorry Bill!

Brian

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.