Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ji...@tera.gr on 2008/08/11 10:40:07 UTC

Highlight huge documents

Hello

I am using Highlighter to highlight query terms in documents getting
from a database founded from lucene search.
My problem is that when i display the full document, highlighter works
fine for most of documents but if the document is huge the highlighter
returns only a part of document. As i ve seen in source of
Hightlighter there are

	public static final  int DEFAULT_MAX_DOC_BYTES_TO_ANALYZE=50*1024;
	private int maxDocBytesToAnalyze=DEFAULT_MAX_DOC_BYTES_TO_ANALYZE;

Is it save to change the value of DEFAULT_MAX_DOC_BYTES_TO_ANALYZE to
bigger value?

Re: Highlight huge documents

Posted by Doron Cohen <cd...@gmail.com>.
I believe Highlighter.setMaxDocBytesToAnalyze(int byteCount) should be used
for this.