Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2006/12/07 16:00:05 UTC

proxy setup in maven + java.15

Jason van Zyl wrote:

> If the RPM rolled out something that had the same structure as
> everywhere else then fine. Limitless options at the infrastructural
> level does not help anyone, it's a massive hinderance.

We do already have near limitless options  in proxy setup, for better or
worse. Maven avoids this by not picking up the OS settings, AFAIK.

Has anyone tried a maven release with the java1.5 automatic proxy
binding turned by defining java.net.useSystemProxies on the command line?
  (see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/net/properties.html and
http://ant.apache.org/manual-rc/proxy.html )

I ask as over in Ant-land we're getting bugreps that this breaks Oracles
JDBC driver and the tigris SVN clients. I'm thinking of not making it
the default. That way, we don't field the support calls.

-Steve