Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shuja Rehman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/07 20:49:58 UTC

Job without Output files

Hi

I have a job where i did not need any reducers. I am using only mappers. At
the moment, the output of job is generated in files. But i want to use only
java api to do some calculation and i want that there should be no output
from the mappers. So is it possible to make a job which did not produce any
kind of output?

Thanks
--
Regards
Shuja-ur-Rehman Baig

Re: Job without Output files

Posted by Shuja Rehman <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi all
what does speculative execution of tasks (if it is turned on)?  means??? and
how to turn off it and what is the advantage/disadvantage of it?

I am not using Tableoutput format because i need to use put statement
millions of times in single job and if i use tableoutput format then the
same job take 6-7 hours to complete which can be completed in 1:30- 2:00
hours using java api.

Re: Job without Output files

Posted by Rajappa Iyer <rs...@mayin.org>.
Inserting multiple times is indeed OK.  Each new version of the cell will
get a new timestamp.

Re: Job without Output files

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--