Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by "Hensley, Richard" <Ri...@McKesson.com> on 2004/07/09 20:31:45 UTC

Building in Eclipse

I like working in eclipse, so I've been working towards getting hivemind to
compile in eclipse.

I added all the libraries documented in to the build path for eclipse, and
then I found a few more.

org.apache.hivemind.ant
ant
xerces

org.apache.hiveminde.servlet
servlet

org.apache.hivemind.text
log4j

Does all this sound right?

The only one that struck me as unusual is the log4j because the rest of the
code used commons-logging.

After I ran the standard build once to get the JavaCC generated files, and
resolved the dependencies everything worked out.

Just thought I would let others know.

Richard

Re: Building in Eclipse

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
The Log4J dependency is related to controlling logging during
execution of tests. Many of the tests introduce a special Log4J
appender to capture output for analysis as part of the test ...
functionality explicitly beyond the scope of the commons-logging apis.

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:31:45 -0400, Hensley, Richard
<ri...@mckesson.com> wrote:
> I like working in eclipse, so I've been working towards getting hivemind to
> compile in eclipse.
>
> I added all the libraries documented in to the build path for eclipse, and
> then I found a few more.
>
> org.apache.hivemind.ant
> ant
> xerces
>
> org.apache.hiveminde.servlet
> servlet
>
> org.apache.hivemind.text
> log4j
>
> Does all this sound right?
>
> The only one that struck me as unusual is the log4j because the rest of the
> code used commons-logging.
>
> After I ran the standard build once to get the JavaCC generated files, and
> resolved the dependencies everything worked out.
>
> Just thought I would let others know.
>
> Richard

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry