Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/03 02:57:18 UTC

Is that a mistake or bug?

Hi all,
    I saw the code like following:

QueryResult result = new QueryResult();

cmd.setSegmentTerminateEarly(params.getBool(CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY,
CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY_DEFAULT));
if (cmd.getSegmentTerminateEarly()) {
  result.setSegmentTerminatedEarly(Boolean.FALSE);
}

It says if request's param segmentTerminateEarly=true, which means search
maybe terminated early within a segment,  then set
result.setSegmentTerminatedEarly as false , this code is of a little confusion
.

Re: Is that a mistake or bug?

Posted by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com>.
Oh ~ I feel embarrassed to  explaining it again, maybe my english not so
well~
my actually mean is:   IF  QueryResult.segmentTerminatedEarly  is boolean
,not Boolean , declared in QueryResult.
public class QueryResult{
       private boolean partialResults
      * private Boolean segmentTerminatedEarly;  ====>  private boolean
segmentTerminatedEarly;*
}

then  in QueryComponent.process() method, like follow :

QueryResult result = new QueryResult();
cmd.setSegmentTerminateEarly(params.getBool(CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY,
CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY_DEFAULT));

*if (cmd.getSegmentTerminateEarly()) {     // this if block code can be
deleted .    result.setSegmentTerminatedEarly(Boolean.FALSE); } *

Re: Is that a mistake or bug?

Posted by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com>.
Oh~ got it, Thanks

> I think we both understand you well :) So once again, to explain it to
> you, please have a look at the aforementioned
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/component/ResponseBuilder.java,
> these lines:
>
>     final Boolean segmentTerminatedEarly =
> result.getSegmentTerminatedEarly();
>     if (segmentTerminatedEarly != null) {
>
> rsp.getResponseHeader().add(SolrQueryResponse.RESPONSE_HEADER_SEGMENT_TERMINATED_EARLY_KEY,
> segmentTerminatedEarly);
> }
>
> Got it now? :)
>
> Petr
> > Od: "zhenyuan wei" <ti...@gmail.com>
> > Komu: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> > Datum: 03.09.2018 11:21
> > Předmět: Re: Is that a mistake or bug?
> >
> >Oh ~ I feel embarrassed to  explaining it again, maybe my english not so
> >well~
> >my actually mean is:   IF  QueryResult.segmentTerminatedEarly  is boolean
> >,not Boolean , declared in QueryResult.
> >public class QueryResult{
> >       private boolean partialResults
> >      * private Boolean segmentTerminatedEarly;  ====>  private boolean
> >segmentTerminatedEarly;*
> >}
> >
> >then  in QueryComponent.process() method, like follow :
> >
> >QueryResult result = new QueryResult();
>
> >cmd.setSegmentTerminateEarly(params.getBool(CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY,
> >CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY_DEFAULT));
> >

> >*if (cmd.getSegmentTerminateEarly()) {     // this if block code can be
> >deleted .    result.setSegmentTerminatedEarly(Boolean.FALSE); } *

> >> Hi, really nope :) Because as MK writes below,
> >> result.segmentTerminatedEarly is used as a 3-state variable.
> >>
> >> The only line that could be improved, is probably replacing
> >> "Boolean.FALSE" by simply "false", but that is really a minor thing...
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> PB

> >> explicitly
> >> false.

> noone

> >> boolean,

> >> flipped

> cmd.setSegmentTerminateEarly(params.getBool(CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY,

> means
> >> little

Re: Is that a mistake or bug?

Posted by p....@centrum.cz.
I think we both understand you well :) So once again, to explain it to you, please have a look at the aforementioned https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/component/ResponseBuilder.java, these lines:

    final Boolean segmentTerminatedEarly = result.getSegmentTerminatedEarly();
    if (segmentTerminatedEarly != null) {
      rsp.getResponseHeader().add(SolrQueryResponse.RESPONSE_HEADER_SEGMENT_TERMINATED_EARLY_KEY, segmentTerminatedEarly);
}

Got it now? :)

Petr
> Od: "zhenyuan wei" <ti...@gmail.com>
> Komu: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Datum: 03.09.2018 11:21
> Předmět: Re: Is that a mistake or bug?
>
>Oh ~ I feel embarrassed to  explaining it again, maybe my english not so
>well~
>my actually mean is:   IF  QueryResult.segmentTerminatedEarly  is boolean
>,not Boolean , declared in QueryResult.
>public class QueryResult{
>       private boolean partialResults
>      * private Boolean segmentTerminatedEarly;  ====>  private boolean
>segmentTerminatedEarly;*
>}
>
>then  in QueryComponent.process() method, like follow :
>
>QueryResult result = new QueryResult();
>cmd.setSegmentTerminateEarly(params.getBool(CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY,
>CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY_DEFAULT));
>

>*if (cmd.getSegmentTerminateEarly()) {     // this if block code can be
>deleted .    result.setSegmentTerminatedEarly(Boolean.FALSE); } *

>> Hi, really nope :) Because as MK writes below,
>> result.segmentTerminatedEarly is used as a 3-state variable.
>>
>> The only line that could be improved, is probably replacing
>> "Boolean.FALSE" by simply "false", but that is really a minor thing...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> PB
>> > Od: "zhenyuan wei" <ti...@gmail.com>
>> > Komu: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>> > Datum: 03.09.2018 10:24
>> > Předmět: Re: Is that a mistake or bug?
>> >
>> >I mean, use terminatedEarly as basic boolean type, then  no need to
>> explicitly
>> >assign it as Boolean.FALSE,  because basic boolean's default value is
>> false.
>> >
>> >Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org> 于2018年9月3日周一 下午4:13写道:

>> boolean,

>> flipped

>> cmd.setSegmentTerminateEarly(params.getBool(CommonParams.SEGMENT_TERMINATE_EARLY,

>> little

Re: Is that a mistake or bug?

Posted by p....@centrum.cz.

Re: Is that a mistake or bug?