Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Karthik Guru <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/11 17:56:53 UTC

Question in the tutorial

Hey Flink team,

Novice here. I just about started using Flink. I have a slight issue with
respect to the following instruction in the tutorial.
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.8/tutorials/local_setup.html

In this, when I try to 'Start a Local Flink Cluster' and then connect to
local host, I am not getting an update on the task manager. It still shows
0 for all the three categories. Could you please help?

Thanks for your time
Karthik

Re: Question in the tutorial

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
It seems to me that your task manager is started and then failed before
registering to the cluster. I think we need the entire log file instead of
the result of tail command. Could you just clear the log dir, start the
cluster again and wait for a little while (1-2 min should be enough), and
post all the new generated files under the log dir here?

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Re: Question in the tutorial

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.