Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2002/04/04 00:41:23 UTC

[JOB] Senior mod_perl / java developer for LRN, Southern California

Hey mod_perl & ASP Crew,

I have the below job posting for this company LRN I have been contracting
for this past couple years.  They are looking for a senior developer
with heavy mod_perl experience and some java too!  This is a project
that has snagged a few of us over the years, including our dear Ged Haywood,
and our old friend Shane Nay ( where's he been anyway?! )

They really need a full time senior developer on site with the below
skill sets.  Is there anyone like this out there?  If so, please
send me resumes, code samples, etc., and I'll pass them along.

Regards,

Josh

Position Title: Web Software Developer

Department: Development

Brief Overview Of Position:

The Web Software Developer will work with a team of other highly skilled developers
to rapidly develop, deploy, and maintain Web applications based on LRN knowledge
and content delivery platforms.

List Essential Job Functions:

 - Responsible for new feature development, integrations, and extensions
   to our existing products
 - Instrumental in developing new features and applications, as well
   as designing and developing integrations between new and existing product offerings
 - Highly skilled professional software engineer, able to rapidly develop and deploy
   professional quality software
 - Independent learner, thinker, and quality minded individual;
   the difference between getting it done and doing it right!
 - Ability to learn new skills and development environments as technology landscape shifts
 - Conversant in both hardware and software in computer market
 - Ability to engage in and support position on design and development issues
 - Ability to lead and teach other both junior and senior developers
 - Good written and verbal communication skills

Technical Skills Required:

 - 2 years minimum experience with mod_perl/Apache on UNIX platforms
 - 2 years minimum experience with Java & J2EE framework (including EJB and JSP)
 - Practical experience with high volume transactional RDBMS based web sites using DBI,
   preferably with Oracle
 - An intimate knowledge of Perl Object Oriented programming
 - Cross platform browser HTML eccentricities
 - Expertise in a wide variety of computer tools and development environments
 - Proven capabilities in programming and operating systems

Previous Experience Required:

 - 5 years minimum industry experience
 - Experience with templates & component based architecture
 - Practical software engineering experience, including several full life cycles
   of specification, design, development paradigms, testing, deployment, documentation,
   and configuration management

Education Required (Certifications, Degrees, Majors, etc.):

 - 4 year degree or equivalent industry experience

Experience Preferred:

 - Oracle RDBMS programming (triggers, stored procedures, etc.)
 - Oracle 9iAS Portal Web services
 - Linux x86
 - Solaris SPARC
 - Load balanced web clusters