Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Who Dadddy <qw...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/22 09:06:20 UTC

cassandra non-super user login fails but super user works

Anyone seen this before? Pretty basic setup, super user can login fine but non-super user can’t?

Any pointers appreciated.

Re: cassandra non-super user login fails but super user works

Posted by Sam Tunnicliffe <sa...@beobal.com>.
Which version of Cassandra are you running?

My guess is that you're on a version >= 2.2 and that you've created the
non-superuser since upgrading, but haven't yet removed the legacy tables
from the system_auth keyspace. If that's the case, then the new user will
be present in the new tables, but authentication at login time is still
using the old ones.

The schema of the system_auth keyspace was changed in 2.2 with the
introduction of role based access control and requires a little operator
involvement to switch over to using the new tables, see the section on
upgrading to 2.2 in NEWS.txt for the full details.

Thanks,
Sam

Posted by Meg Mara <mm...@digitalriver.com>.

[https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/2549680/Instaclustr-Navy-logo-new.png]<https://www.instaclustr.com/>