Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Price <jp...@moment.net> on 2000/07/19 01:19:18 UTC

Tomcat / FreeBSD / build.sh probs

Trying again with tomcat / FreeBSD 3.4:

#./build.sh
Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread

Then:

#setenv CLASSPATH /usr/local/jdk1.1.8/lib/classes.zip

Then:

#./build.sh
Can't find class org.apache.tools.ant.Main

Patrick Price
Momentum Online

RE: Tomcat / FreeBSD / build.sh probs

Posted by Patrick Price <jp...@moment.net>.
There doesn't seem to be documented anywhere an exact list of steps to get
this stuff in the right order, which to compile first, etc.

To get ant.jar I had to download the jakarta-tomcat-ant BINARIES.

I set the classpath as you suggested

Then I ran the jakarta-tomkcat SOURCE build.sh and made it through the
compile.

Now I've got an error after running the test:

# bin/tomcat.sh ant -buildfile conf/test-tomcat.xml
Guessing TOMCAT_HOME from tomcat.sh to bin/..
Setting TOMCAT_HOME to bin/..
bin/tomcat.sh: /usr/local/jdk1.1.8/: permission denied

I'm su'd to root

Resin is starting to look better and better...

Thanks for the help.

Patrick Price
Momentum Online

Posted by Tim Kientzle <ki...@acm.org>.