Posted to user@eagle.apache.org by "Zhang, Edward (GDI Hadoop)" <yo...@ebay.com> on 2015/12/14 19:58:12 UTC

[Discuss] Hadoop metrics,job,GC monitoring

Hi Eagle devs/users,

As proposed in apache eagle incubator proposal, Eagle will start design/dev to support Hadoop system monitoring besides security monitoring which includes Hadoop native metrics, job, gclog etc.

The community is also interested in Hadoop system monitoring by Eagle when we recently talked about Eagle product in public conferences, meet up etc.

Take Hadoop native metrics as an example, first of all those metrics are pretty valuable in determining system health status, secondly collecting huge amount metrics, visualizing, and alerting is very challenging.  We need think of declarative collection, dynamic aggregation, metric storage, metric query engine etc.

Besides technical design, comprehensive policy/rule are also valuable to be shared in the community. Those policy/rule represent best practice in the world to manage large Hadoop clusters.

Please suggest whatever is for engineering design or business policy/rules.

Thanks
Edward

Re: [Discuss] Hadoop metrics,job,GC monitoring

Posted by "Zhang, Edward (GDI Hadoop)" <yo...@ebay.com>.
please review latest design of monitoring on hadoop native metrics.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EAG/Hadoop+Native+Metrics+Monit
oring

Thanks
Edward