Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com> on 2013/07/11 12:44:02 UTC

Welcome!

Hi,

Let me drop my first mail to this new mailing list :-)

Just to keep you up to date the infrastructure setup of our project is in progress. Also the ICLA clearance of initial committers is in progress but we have to wait until they all have their Apache accounts.

Already there:

Mailing Lists
http://olingo.incubator.apache.org/
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/olingo.html

Currently Pending:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-olingo-odata2.git

The repository is intend to host the OData V2.0 code which is still available on GitHUB.  We are going to prepare the initial code base for a first contribution. Basically the code will get a new package "org.apache.olingo.odata2" and we have to remove copyright and add Apache license to all code fragments. Our first goal should be to get a first incubation release for OData V2.0 library.

About the planning for a OData V4.0 library I suggest to wait until OASIS has released a final public version. Because of OData V4.0 will be the future I suggest to reserve namespace "org.apache.olingo" explicitly for this version. So there is no "odata4" or something else in the namespace.

Let me know what do you think?

Regards,
Stephan