Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Martin Grogan <mg...@keizensoftware.com> on 2006/01/07 10:58:57 UTC

[DBCP] Problem when hosting live

Hi all,
Some time ago, I was looking for help with getting started on Connection
Pooling. Well, we got the problem sorted on our development server, but
when we move to a live hosting server (shared Tomcat), it's a different
story. We keep getting a message
    Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
We have made sure all the JAR files necessary for connection pooling are
available in the CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory and all the settings
on our web.xml and context.xml files seem to be in order.
If anyone can point us in the right direction, we would be really
grateful. We really need to have the hosting problem sorted out straight
away.
Many thanks,
Martin

------------
Martin Grogan
Keizen Software

mgrogan@keizensoftware.com
www.keizensoftware.com

Re: [DBCP] Problem when hosting live

Posted by Martin Grogan <mg...@mobilegolfers.net>.
Hi Christian,
I noticed that the factory wasn't defined and put one in, according to
the instructions on the website I sent earlier.
Unfortunately this did not make a difference.
I will look into the possibility of installing another version of
Tomcat, but this may take a while to get sorted and application
re-deployed and tested, etc.
I'm just hoping in the meantime that someone in the hosting company has
a suggestion given the fact that any website I've seen describes
reasonably clearly how to get the connection pooling done.
Here's hoping...
Thanks,
Martin

Re[2]: [DBCP] Problem when hosting live