Posted to users@camel.apache.org by manglu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 06:42:36 UTC

Spring-WS how to configure retries (number of attempts)

Hi,

I am using Spring-WS to make outbound calls in my camel routes.

I want to attempt retries for this end point (to eliminate network glitches
or other ephemeral issues) before throwing up errors.

Is this retry exposed via spring-ws config.

I can't see an option in the doco @
http://camel.apache.org/spring-web-services.html

Appreciate if some one can help me in achieving this.

Thanks

Re: Spring-WS how to configure retries (number of attempts)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Camel has extensive support for error handling. So you can just
configure it in Camel and it works for any kind of component.

Here is some links.
http://camel.apache.org/error-handling-in-camel.html
http://camel.apache.org/exception-clause.html
http://camel.apache.org/error-handler.html
http://camel.apache.org/defaulterrorhandler.html

And I think this blog has a good overview of error handling in Camel
http://benoday.blogspot.com/2010/08/camel-exception-handling-overview.html

If you have a copy of the Camel in Action book, then chapter 5 is all
about error handling.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 6:42 AM, manglu <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Spring-WS to make outbound calls in my camel routes.
>
> I want to attempt retries for this end point (to eliminate network glitches
> or other ephemeral issues) before throwing up errors.
>
> Is this retry exposed via spring-ws config.
>
> I can't see an option in the doco @
> http://camel.apache.org/spring-web-services.html
>
> Appreciate if some one can help me in achieving this.
>
> Thanks

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat