Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by HOUDROGE Rami <ra...@thalesgroup.com> on 2013/05/23 15:01:41 UTC

Commit fails on locked files

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem that has been reported a couple of times accross the web.

1. new file
2. add file
3. commit file
4. lock file
5. modify file
6. commit file

and that last commit fails with the following error :

Cannot verify lock on path '...'; no matching lock-token available.

[cid:part1.03020408.00020306@thalesgroup.com]

I am certain no one stole the lock and I am also certain that, locally, only one working copy has the lock.

I found one possible explanation that doesn't help much actually. It says you should compile the apache server with the option -enable-pie. http://subversion.1072662.n5.nabble.com/Subversion-Llocked-file-could-not-able-to-commit-the-changes-td137837.html

Has anyone experienced this ? Could anyone provide an explanation / solution to this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Rami Houdroge

Re: Commit fails on locked files

Posted by HOUDROGE Rami <ra...@thalesgroup.com>.
Indeed, but I was still hoping someone from the dev community could confirm it is a compatibility issue, and possibly provide the reasons behind the errors.

In any case, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Sincerely,

Rami

Le 24/05/2013 15:14, Johan Corveleyn a écrit :

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM, HOUDROGE Rami
<ra...@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> I could provide a script, but I doubt it would be of any use. It will
> execute as it should on your pcs.
>
> I didn't clearly mention that subversion is installed on a Apache 2.2.17
> server with webdav_svn. We think there might be an incompatibility somewhere
> (see
> http://subversion.1072662.n5.nabble.com/Subversion-Llocked-file-could-not-able-to-commit-the-changes-td137837.html)

Seems that thread already explains what the problem is, and how you can fix it.

"Yes it was solved for me.  All I did is build your apache with -enable-
pie option.  Without this some special characters will go with lock
files, and during commit your locks will not match. "

--
Johan

Re: Commit fails on locked files

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by HOUDROGE Rami <ra...@thalesgroup.com>.
I could provide a script, but I doubt it would be of any use. It will execute as it should on your pcs.

I didn't clearly mention that subversion is installed on a Apache 2.2.17 server with webdav_svn. We think there might be an incompatibility somewhere (see http://subversion.1072662.n5.nabble.com/Subversion-Llocked-file-could-not-able-to-commit-the-changes-td137837.html)

There's literally nothing more than what I indicated already :

1. new file
2. add file
3. commit file
4. lock file
5. modify file
6. commit file

Le 23/05/2013 16:17, Johan Corveleyn a écrit :

> Le 23/05/2013 15:59, Philip Martin a écrit :
>
> HOUDROGE Rami <ra...@thalesgroup.com> writes:
>
>> I am experiencing a problem that has been reported a couple of times
>> accross the web.
>>
>> 1. new file
>> 2. add file
>> 3. commit file
>> 4. lock file
>> 5. modify file
>> 6. commit file
>>
>> and that last commit fails with the following error :
>>
>> Cannot verify lock on path '...'; no matching lock-token available.
>>
>> [cid:part1.03020408.00020306@thalesgroup.com]
>>
>> I am certain no one stole the lock and I am also certain that,
>> locally, only one working copy has the lock.
>
> Run 'svn info' on the working copy file to see the lock token in the
> working copy.  Run 'svn info' on the URL to see the lock token in the
> repository.  How do the locks compare (token, username, date)?
>
> --
> Certified & Supported Apache Subversion Downloads:
> http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM, HOUDROGE Rami
<ra...@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> They're the same.
>
> Local file :
> Lock Token: opaquelocktoken:2a0cb251-8e5c-4b2e-9eb2-282abb2d67e6
> Lock Owner: houdroge
> Lock Created: 2013-05-23 15:14:37 +0200 (jeu., 23 mai 2013)
>
> Remote file :
> Lock Token: opaquelocktoken:2a0cb251-8e5c-4b2e-9eb2-282abb2d67e6
> Lock Owner: houdroge
> Lock Created: 2013-05-23 15:14:37 +0200 (jeu., 23 mai 2013)

Rami,

Can you please try to reproduce this with commandline svn, and provide
us a full transcript of what you do to reproduce this (maybe with a
test file / test repository)? Or even better, a fully self-contained
reproduction script (I guess you're on Windows, so see [1] for a
template of a .bat reproduction script).

[1] http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/repro-template.bat

--
Johan

.

Re: Commit fails on locked files

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by HOUDROGE Rami <ra...@thalesgroup.com>.
They're the same.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by HOUDROGE Rami <ra...@thalesgroup.com>.
Johan,

Thank you for your quick answer. I am using the following versions :

TortoiseSVN 1.7.12, Build 24070 - 64 Bit
Subversion 1.7.9

Concerning the second question, the problem persists after an update of the root of working copy (and parent dir).

Cheers,

Rami

Le 23/05/2013 15:06, Johan Corveleyn a écrit :

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM, HOUDROGE Rami
<ra...@thalesgroup.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing a problem that has been reported a couple of times accross the web.
>
> 1. new file
> 2. add file
> 3. commit file
> 4. lock file
> 5. modify file
> 6. commit file
>
> and that last commit fails with the following error :
>
> Cannot verify lock on path '...'; no matching lock-token available.
>

> I am certain no one stole the lock and I am also certain that, locally, only one working copy has the lock.
>
> I found one possible explanation that doesn't help much actually. It says you should compile the apache server with the option -enable-pie. http://subversion.1072662.n5.nabble.com/Subversion-Llocked-file-could-not-able-to-commit-the-changes-td137837.html
>
> Has anyone experienced this ? Could anyone provide an explanation / solution to this problem ?

A couple of questions:
- Which version of SVN client? If not the latest 1.7.x release, can
you try to reproduce with the latest one?
- Does it also reproduce if you insert a 'svn update parent-dir'
between steps 3 and 4? What about an 'svn update root-of-workingcopy'?

(the last questions are not meant to challenge whether or not this is
a bug, but to get a bit more insight into what might be happening)

--
Johan

.

Re: Commit fails on locked files