Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@elfouly.nom.fr> on 2004/04/21 17:21:24 UTC

httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Though the httpd server 1.3 documentation has been (at least partly)
translated to French, it seems the 2.0 documentation hasn't at all been
translated.

Is someone working on this ?

Thanks,

Jean-François El Fouly

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.
André Malo a écrit :
> * alain B wrote:
>

>>And here are some others reviewed files. They're been review by me and
>>Jean-François El Fouly too.
>

> Thanks, committed. I've adjusted the copyright date (the files are new for
> us and so start with 2005). Additionally I've replaced the fixed spaces
> with &nbsp;. Though the former are correct, they could be misunderstood by
> further editors of the documents.
>
> nd

Very nice ! I'll make those adjustments for futher files. Remember that
i've tried the fixed space trick before sendind on the ML ; i'll use
&nbsp; from now.

--Alain

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.

--
Winnetous Erbe: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by Vincent Deffontaines <vi...@gryzor.com>.
Greetings,

Just to mention I'm still alive, and will help regarding the .fr
translation process, within the limits of my schedule.

I have nothing much more to bring right now than the online .tar.gz
mentionned in this thread, but I am available to answer any question /
review other people's translations, etc.

Please email me directly if you wrote to the list, expected a reply from
me and did not get it. I don't read this list very regularly.

Vincent

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
[Sorry for the delay, I've just forgot to reply somehow]

* alain B wrote:

> So, after getting the SVN content, i test the build tool with success
> and i think have understand how it works.
>
> With that build system, do i play with files directly in the SVN folder?
> It seems to recreate *.html.fr files (and some other meta) and not to
> affect the xml's one.

Yes, that's the basic principle. Regarding the xml files: it modifies the
"English Revision" comment if necessary, but nothing else.

> When some of Vincent Deffontaines's files will be reviewed, i noticed
> that i just put them on this mailinglist. Can you confirm that only
> .xml.fr files, not the .html.fr one, are required?

Yes.

nd
--
"Das Verhalten von Gates hatte mir bewiesen, dass ich auf ihn und seine
beiden Gefährten nicht zu zählen brauchte" -- Karl May, "Winnetou III"

Im Westen was neues: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.
André Malo a écrit :
[couic]
> Well, I also recommend the transformation page:
> <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html>. It describes how to
> work with our docs build system (2.1 and 2.0). Basically you need the build
> tools, java and perl.
>
> Further note, that the build tools try to check if a translation is
> outdated. To make this possible, you need to add a comment to your
> translation, where you note, what subversion revision your translation is
> based on. All translations have such a comment on the top (<!-- English
> Revision: xxxx --> or <!-- English Revision xxxx:yyyy (outdated) -->), so
> just have a look at, say manual/bind.xml.de :) These comments are useful
> for you (the translator), because you can just go into the directory and
> diff the English version, to see what was changed, like:
>
> svn diff -r xxxx:yyyy englishfile.xml
>
> Don't worry, once set up correctly, it should be quite easy to work with.
>
> nd
So, after getting the SVN content, i test the build tool with success
and i think have understand how it works.

With that build system, do i play with files directly in the SVN folder?
It seems to recreate *.html.fr files (and some other meta) and not to
affect the xml's one.

When some of Vincent Deffontaines's files will be reviewed, i noticed
that i just put them on this mailinglist. Can you confirm that only
.xml.fr files, not the .html.fr one, are required?

--Alain B

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* alain B wrote:

> So, i contacted Vincent Deffontaines to know what to do with this few
> month old archive. He says this one could be plainly reuse for a review.
> I'm not familiar with the SVN / CVS protocol yet, but i'm ready to plan
> a french localization.

You're welcome :-)

> André, can you confirm to me the working folder can be found here :
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-docs-2.0/ ? Actualy, i don't
> understand why there are versions 1.3, 2.0, and 2.1 (alpha) on the home
> page http://httpd.apache.org/.

No. We moved to subversion some time ago and now the cvs repository is only
for (historical) reference. We have three maintained httpd versions (1.3,
2.0, 2.1) and so we have 3 docs versions.

2.1 is the version, where the development happens, and some day it will be
2.2 and stable (and splitted from the main trunk, which will become 2.3
then). 2.0 and 1.3 are more or less (feature) freezed. Regarding the docs
translations, most people prefer to translate 2.1 and 2.0, probably because
it's more easy (XML) and consistent and 2.x will be used more and more.

Anyway, if you never worked with subversion, I suggest to start here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#anon-svn and have a glance
over the svn book (<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/>). Of course, if you don't
know further, just ask here ;)

The docs are located here:

 * 2.1: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/
 * 2.0: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/docs/
 * 1.3:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/1.3.x/htdocs/manual/

[...]

$_=q?tvc!uif)%*|#Bopuifs!A`#~tvc!Xibu)%*|qsjou#Kvtu!A`#~tvc!KBQI!)*|~
tvc!ifmm)%*|#Qfsm!A`#~tvc!jt)%*|(Ibdlfs(~  # What the hell is JAPH? ;
@_=split/\s\s+#/;$_=(join''=>map{chr(ord(  #             André Malo ;
$_)-1)}split//=>$_[0]).$_[1];s s.*s$_see;  #  http://www.perlig.de/ ;

Re: Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@elfouly.nom.fr>.
alain B a écrit :

> Why saying that the situation is nearly scandalous ? How many persons
> worked on the french localization ?

Ah sorry, what I said is ambiguous and I'm sorry if some of you
misunderstood.
What I meant is that Apache is (of course) an excellent product and it's
a shame that for various reasons no French translation has gone through
the whole process and has been published yet. I hope this will change in
the future and of course I'm ready to help make this happen !

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Jean-François El Fouly a écrit :
> If peers / pairs are required for the process to work, I volunteer...
>
> S'il faut travailler en paires (un traducteur, un relecteur) je suis
> volontaire pour relire ou traduire et être relu.
> Peut-être qu'il faudrait qu'on se coordonne à trois (ou plus) parce que
> la situation actuelle est limite scandaleuse...
>
> Jean-François

So, i contacted Vincent Deffontaines to know what to do with this few
month old archive. He says this one could be plainly reuse for a review.
I'm not familiar with the SVN / CVS protocol yet, but i'm ready to plan
a french localization.

Why saying that the situation is nearly scandalous ? How many persons
worked on the french localization ?

André, can you confirm to me the working folder can be found here :
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-docs-2.0/ ? Actualy, i don't
understand why there are versions 1.3, 2.0, and 2.1 (alpha) on the home
page http://httpd.apache.org/.

[fr]
J'ai donc contacté Vincent Deffontaines pour savoir quoi faire avec
cette vielle archive. Il m'a indiqué qu'elle est à notre entière
disposition mais doit être relue et mise à jour selon la version
anglaise. Je ne suis pas habitué avec le protocole SVN / CVS, mais je
suis prêt à planifier ce travail.

Pourquoi "limite scandaleuse" ? Combien de personnes ont travaillé sur
la localisation en français ?
[/fr]

--Alain B

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@elfouly.nom.fr>.

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* alain B wrote:

> Vincent Deffontaines a écrit :
> > Here is a .tar.gz with [some] translated docs. Most of the "base" is
> > already translated.
> > http://www.inl.fr/apache-docs.tar.gz
> >
> > Vincent
>
> Hello,
> I'm new on the newsgroup and i just see that a lot of files were
> translated yet, but don't seem to be online on the documentation's
> section. I'm looking for a reason of that :)

The translations need to be reviewed by a fluent speaker. That's the only
reason. I'd suggest, that you contact Vincent directly to coordinate the
work to be done (but don't hestitate to ask here general docs/build
questions).

Thanks, nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://www.perlig.de  #

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* alain B wrote:

> Hello,
> Here are another reviewed files.
>
> Doc 2.0 - Folder : manual/

Thanks, committed. There was just a minor validation error in dso.xml.fr
(<program> contains text only). You can check it yourself by using

build validate-xml

nd

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* alain B wrote:

> Vincent just notice to me a small typo error. I provide my first patch
> made with SVN, so say me if it's the good method.

perfect.
Committed that, thanks.

nd

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.
alain B a �crit :
> Vincent Deffontaines a �crit :
>
>> Here is a .tar.gz with [some] translated docs. Most of the "base" is
>> already translated.
>> http://www.inl.fr/apache-docs.tar.gz
>>
>> Vincent
>

> Hello,
> Here are another reviewed files.
>
> Doc 2.0 - Folder : manual/
>
> --Alain

Vincent just notice to me a small typo error. I provide my first patch
made with SVN, so say me if it's the good method.

Doc 2.0 - File : manual/dso.xml.fr

--Alain

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Hiroaki KAWAI wrote:

> alain B <ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hiroaki KAWAI a ecrit :
> > > I think :
> > > - the ENTITY &#160; in the heading line should be left as is,
> > > - <title>Documentation du Serveur HTTP Apache Version 2.0</title> is
> > > better for historical reason.
> > >
> > > Except those, the files seem to be OK for me.
> >
> > Yes, the &#160; entity has been erased by my editor. So i'm putting the
> > corrected file here.
> > I wonder why you said the title is better :)
>
> I'n not certain about the reason, but we have been replacing 'Apache
> server' with 'Apache HTTP server' in many documents. I suspect, ASF
> became to host many projects, so just calling 'Apache' became confusing.

Yes. Further, server includes HTTP server, but is not the same ;)

nd
--
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween because
DEC 25 = OCT 31.  -- Unknown

                                      (found in ssl_engine_mutex.c)

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by Hiroaki KAWAI <ka...@iij.ad.jp>.
alain B <ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hiroaki KAWAI a ecrit :
> > I think :
> > - the ENTITY &#160; in the heading line should be left as is,
> > - <title>Documentation du Serveur HTTP Apache Version 2.0</title> is better
> > for historical reason.
> >
> > Except those, the files seem to be OK for me.
> >

> Yes, the &#160; entity has been erased by my editor. So i'm putting the
> corrected file here.
> I wonder why you said the title is better :)

I'n not certain about the reason, but we have been replacing 'Apache server'
with 'Apache HTTP server' in many documents. I suspect, ASF became to
host many projects, so just calling 'Apache' became confusing.

---Hiroaki Kawai

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* alain B wrote:

> I continue to review a lot of files of this documentation 2.0, and i'll
> propose some changes in the index file. I don't know yet if i must
> provide a patch (diff) file, so i attach the whole one.

A patch file (unified diff format as produced by svn diff is fine).

(committed the file)

Thanks, nd
--
Gefunden auf einer "Webdesigner"-Seite:

Re: Turkish Translation

Posted by emre sokullu <so...@ultratv.net>.
OK, finally I got it :) ..  We'll  switch to the new version and I'll
resend you the new translations.. This may take some time.. Thanx for
the explanation..

Re: Turkish Translation

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.

Re: Turkish Translation

Posted by Emre Sokullu <so...@ultratv.net>.
On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 13:26, André Malo wrote:
> * Emre Sokullu wrote:
>
> > Last month, I've sent our translations to this mailing list.. However, I
> > still can't see "tr" in "Available Languages:" menu.. Did I miss
> > something, is there sth to be done for me? Or is this a usual delay?
>
> Hmm, perhaps we've misunderstood each other ;)
> I thought, that you were going to bring the files up to date and switch to
> svn before committing them.

Bringing the files up to date? But this would be a totally new work from
scratch, wouldn't it? I'd rather prefer switching to svn for our
upcoming translations, and publish the existing ones as they are, if
possible..

Emre Sokullu
turkix.org

Re: Turkish Translation

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Emre Sokullu wrote:

> Last month, I've sent our translations to this mailing list.. However, I
> still can't see "tr" in "Available Languages:" menu.. Did I miss
> something, is there sth to be done for me? Or is this a usual delay?

Hmm, perhaps we've misunderstood each other ;)
I thought, that you were going to bring the files up to date and switch to
svn before committing them.

nd
--
Flhacs wird im Usenet grundsätzlich alsfhc geschrieben. Schreibt man
lafhsc nicht slfach, so ist das schlichtweg hclafs. Hingegen darf man

Turkish Translation

Posted by Emre Sokullu <so...@ultratv.net>.
Hi all,

Last month, I've sent our translations to this mailing list.. However, I
still can't see "tr" in "Available Languages:" menu.. Did I miss
something, is there sth to be done for me? Or is this a usual delay?

Thank you,

Emre SOKULLU
turkix.org

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* alain B wrote:

> For me, the index file's title is a good translation for now :) So,
> let's go on.

Well, committed.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker
:-)

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.
André Malo a écrit :
> * alain B wrote:
>

>>Hiroaki KAWAI a écrit :
>>
>>>I think :
>>>- the ENTITY &#160; in the heading line should be left as is,
>>>- <title>Documentation du Serveur HTTP Apache Version 2.0</title> is
>>>better for historical reason.
>>>
>>>Except those, the files seem to be OK for me.
>>
>>Yes, the &#160; entity has been erased by my editor. So i'm putting the
>>corrected file here.
>>I wonder why you said the title is better :)
>

> I've added the fr.xml file and now wait for a decision on the index file ;)
>
> nd

For me, the index file's title is a good translation for now :) So,
let's go on.

(I'll send you later a new file to update the one in documentation 2.1.)

--Alain

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* alain B wrote:

> Hiroaki KAWAI a écrit :
> > I think :
> > - the ENTITY &#160; in the heading line should be left as is,
> > - <title>Documentation du Serveur HTTP Apache Version 2.0</title> is
> > better for historical reason.
> >
> > Except those, the files seem to be OK for me.
>
> Yes, the &#160; entity has been erased by my editor. So i'm putting the
> corrected file here.
> I wonder why you said the title is better :)

I've added the fr.xml file and now wait for a decision on the index file ;)

nd
--
Gib' mal folgendes in die Kommandozeile ein (und einen Moment warten):

net send localhost "Buuuh!"
Na, erschreckt?                              -- Markus Becker in mpdsh

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Hiroaki KAWAI <ka...@iij.ad.jp>.
I think :

salain B <ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Vincent Deffontaines a 馗rit :
> >
> > Here is a .tar.gz with [some] translated docs. Most of the "base" is
> > already translated.
> > http://www.inl.fr/apache-docs.tar.gz
> >
> > Vincent
>
> So, i'm starting to review Vincent's files. But, before to go further, i
> post this two files to know if i'm on the way with that job.
> The fr.xml file goes in documentation 2.0's ./style/lang/ folder. It
> wasn't complete before in this branch.
> The second one is the start index.xml.fr, wich could be reproduce later
> to the trunk (2.1).
> if ok, i'll post some other reviewed files.
>
> --Alain

---Hiroaki Kawai
kawai@iij.ad.jp
System Design and Development Division,
Technology Department,
Internet Initiative Japan Inc.

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Vincent Deffontaines a écrit :

> Here is a .tar.gz with [some] translated docs. Most of the "base" is
> already translated.
> http://www.inl.fr/apache-docs.tar.gz
>
> Vincent

Hello,
I'm new on the newsgroup and i just see that a lot of files were
translated yet, but don't seem to be online on the documentation's
section. I'm looking for a reason of that :)

I'm also ready to help french team...

[fr-FR]
Bonjour,
Je suis nouveau sur ce forum et je viens juste de découvrir que des
fichiers avaient déjà été traduits mais ne semblent pas être en ligne
sur la section documentaire. Je cherche une raison à cela :)

Je suis également prêt à aider l'équipe française...
[/fr-FR]

--Alain

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Vincent Deffontaines a �crit :

> Here is a .tar.gz with [some] translated docs. Most of the "base" is
> already translated.
> http://www.inl.fr/apache-docs.tar.gz
>
> Vincent

And here are some others reviewed files. They're been review by me and
Jean-Fran�ois El Fouly too.

folder : Manual/

--Alain

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by Vincent Deffontaines <vi...@gryzor.com>.
Vincent Milette a dit :

Posted by Vincent Milette <vi...@planb-inc.com>.

Posted by Vincent Deffontaines <vi...@gryzor.com>.