Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Gris Cuevas <gr...@apache.org> on 2020/08/17 21:54:13 UTC

[Proposal] State of Apache Beam Document

Hi Folks,

Hoping to add more transparency and visibility to the efforts of all contributors to Apache Beam, Kenn Knowles (PMC Chair) and I have drafted a State of the Project document [1], which collects an overview of the project's components: (Beam Model, SDKs, Runners, Connectors, etc.) in three timeframes: What's been recently done, What's currently happening and What's happening next.

The idea we had is to provide an artifact that give visibility to users and contributors of what's happening in the project.

Proposal
1. Adopt this document to present an overview of the project to our community and publish it in our wiki, GitHub project repo and website.
2. Adopt a quarterly updating cadence aligned with the timeframe we send updates to the ASF board

If you agree with this proposal, I'd like to move forward with the publication in the afore mentioned channels.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qvjnpSj_5MXBmhPI70BJYdrUPVXZR9nAFGf6zqNigek/edit?ts=5f21c30a&pli=1#