Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/08 12:20:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graudation CheckList

Hi, community

I just wrote down a graduation checklist and I want to make sure that we
are on the same page, which means if we solve the following problems, we
shall start a vote about graduation from Apache Incubator. The following
content is the same as the content of confluence page I just created [1].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WEEX/CheckList

Major block issues
The following major block issues must be solve before the graduation.

*Third-Party IP*
Some third-party work is essential when using Weex, and they should be
donated to ASF. The following list about third part works may not be
completed, and it's possible we could add or remove items from the list:

   - weex-toolkit
   - vue-loader

*Android Package Name*
The Android package name currently is com.taobao.xxx, and they should be
renamed to org.apache.xxx using a compatibility way.

Minor issue
There is very low possibility that following minor could block the
graduation, but it would be better if they are solved before graduation.

*JavaScriptCore in convenience binary of Weex*
Currently, the JavaScriptCore.so is bundled in the convenience binary of
Weex, though we have gained approved from Legal team, it would be more
user-friendly and less legal trouble if we could separate JavaScriptCore.so
from the convenience binary of Weex.

*Website problem*
Committers can't publish weex website using the code from
incubator-weex-site due to the following reason:

   - There is no release script in that Git repo.
   - There are some pages of Weex website relies on third party server, and
   the server supplier thinks the communication protocol between the server
   and the browser is some kinds of confidential, they don't agree we put
   release script which may leak the communication protocol on Github.

Currently, only committers who have signed a contract where they promised
not to leak the communication protocol can publish the website with the
unpublished release script.