Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/30 11:34:31 UTC

SOAP 1.2 support

Hi all,
    As I mentioned in an earlier email, we have SOAP 1.1 verion
hardcoded in generated code.

    This also means that we have been always using SOAP 1.1 and never
tested SOAP 1.2 code. (Correct me if I am wrong)

    I propose that we provide and an API at Stub level to set the SOAP
version. (e.g. Stub::setSOAPVersion() ). Then like we do for the SOAP
action in the generetd code, the generated code would not set the SOAP
version  if it is laready set. Else it would set that to the default
of SOAP 1.1 9which is the de-facto hard coded default that we have as
of now.

    Value your thougts on this.
Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: SOAP 1.2 support

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
BTW i forgot to mention few more details.
A brief look into WSDL SOAP binding specs reveals to me that WSDL 1.1
has support for SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 taks about SOAP 1.2.

Hence SOAP verions support cannot be attributed to WSDL - we cannot
pick it from WSDL.
Rahter, the user has to decide, hopefully at client level what SOAP
version to use and the engine that provides the service has to support
that perticular SOAP version (or else would get a SOAP fault)

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: SOAP 1.2 support

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@virtusa.com>.
I think it is better to leave it to Adrian as he has already studied
SOAP 1.2. We can wait for few weeks :-)

Thanks,
Samisa...

--