Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Holger Flörke <fl...@doctronic.de> on 2004/10/01 10:53:24 UTC

Quick way to find all resolved issues since Xerces-C x.x?

Hi all,

I have followed the discussion about a new Xerces-C release 2.6. After
reading the list of changes, I would like to find the resolved issues
mentioned in the list within Jira. I failed :^( Looking for Xerces-C issues
with "Fix for: Unreleased versions" there are 9 trivial issues not in the
list of changes.

Is there a quick way to find

a) all resolved jira issues within CVS not yet released?
b) all resolved jira issues since a released xerces-c version (i.e. "2.4")?
c) all resolved jira issues for a released xerces-c version?

Maybe there is a "how to: routine problems solved with jira"...

Regards,

HolgeR
--
holger floerke                      d  o  c  t  r  o  n  i  c
email floerke@doctronic.de          information publishing + retrieval

Re: Quick way to find all resolved issues since Xerces-C x.x?

Posted by David Cargill <ca...@ca.ibm.com>.

Hi,
For older bugs that are closed in bugzilla the
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/releases_archive.html page will have a link
for each release which will go to Bugzilla and find the bugs closed in each
relase of xerces.

However, with the migration to Jira, I haven't found a similar query.  The
best I have found so far is create a filter (which ends up being private)
for bugs closed or resolved with an updated date after April 10th before
September 30.   To get the bugs closed from Feb 17 (xerces-c 2.5 went out
Feb 16th) to April 9th, you would need to search Bugzilla.  The difficultly
is that on April 9th, the conversion between Bugzilla and Jira occurred so
Jira will show all bugs from previous releases also being closed with an
updated date of April 9th.

Regards,
David A. Cargill
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
(905) 413-2371, tie 969
cargilld@ca.ibm.com

             Holger Flörke
             <floerke@doctroni
             c.de>                                                      To
                                       xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
             10/01/2004 04:53                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Quick way to find all resolved
             Please respond to         issues since Xerces-C x.x?
               xerces-c-dev