Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Martin Weber <m....@razorcat.com> on 2009/03/25 14:03:34 UTC

Question about Ivy RoundUp

Hi all,

I just added the Roundup repo to my resolver chain and downloaded the
ant-contrib module. Before that I had that modules downloaded from a
maven mirror (with a namespace rule that added 'net.sourceforge.' to the
organization name).
But why is the module's organization name
'net.sourceforge.ant-contrib' when downloaded from maven, and
'net.sourceforge.antcontrib' when downloaded from Ivy Roundup?

BTW: I'm migrating to Ivy RoundUp, because these maven repositories are
like 'Kraut & RĂ¼ben' compared to Ivy RoundUp.

Thanks in advance,
	Martin

Re: Question about Ivy RoundUp

Posted by Martin Weber <m....@razorcat.com>.
Archie Cobbs schrieb:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Martin Weber <m....@razorcat.com> wrote:
>
>> But why is the module's organization name
>> 'net.sourceforge.ant-contrib' when downloaded from maven, and
>> 'net.sourceforge.antcontrib' when downloaded from Ivy Roundup?
>>

> There is no one true standard for organization names, so it's up to each
> repository to figure them out.

Ah, ok. Not just a typo.

> Ivy RoundUp tries to follow it's own internal
> guidelines<http://code.google.com/p/ivyroundup/wiki/ModuleMaintainerGuidelines>.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just guessed the org names by browsing
through (maven) repositories.

> Typically they are based on java package names.

Then the name from Ivy RoundUp makes sense; ant-contrib has the package
net.sf.antcontrib.

Posted by Archie Cobbs <ar...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Martin Weber <m....@razorcat.com> wrote:

> But why is the module's organization name
> 'net.sourceforge.ant-contrib' when downloaded from maven, and
> 'net.sourceforge.antcontrib' when downloaded from Ivy Roundup?

There is no one true standard for organization names, so it's up to each
repository to figure them out.

Ivy RoundUp tries to follow it's own internal
guidelines<http://code.google.com/p/ivyroundup/wiki/ModuleMaintainerGuidelines>.
Typically they are based on java package names.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs