Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/17 07:14:32 UTC

the cleansing of the bluesky source code is ongoing

  we planned to exclude all the GPL related code and make a clean version to
upload to the repos.This is what we are doing now.we want to place this
version at our server first so that it could be authenticated by the Apache
community.Then we will upload it to the repos.
  As to the "cleansing" version lost lots of the functions compared with the
original version, we decide to put the orignal version on our sever thus
people could download it to try and don't violate ASL.(I suppose)
  The previous website of ours ,202.117.16.76, met severe problem which we
had to replace it.That means new hardware and an static ip that ensures the
website coulde be visited world wide. This may need some time.

--
Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU

Re: the cleansing of the bluesky source code is ongoing

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
sure.To make sure that this version is 100% percent qualified, firstly,
we'll put it on our server so that people can download it to have a double
check. After that assurance we'll upload the code.

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
"Samul Kevin" <lo...@gmail.com> writes:

>   we planned to exclude all the GPL related code and make a clean version to
> upload to the repos.This is what we are doing now.we want to place this
> version at our server first so that it could be authenticated by the Apache
> community.Then we will upload it to the repos.
>   As to the "cleansing" version lost lots of the functions compared with the
> original version, we decide to put the orignal version on our sever thus
> people could download it to try and don't violate ASL.(I suppose)
>   The previous website of ours ,202.117.16.76, met severe problem which we
> had to replace it.That means new hardware and an static ip that ensures the
> website coulde be visited world wide. This may need some time.

THanks for the update.  Let us know when the clean version is
available and we'll import it into the Apache repositories.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905