Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2007/11/01 03:40:05 UTC

Re: config.xml changes

Thanks for the explanation David.  I'll look into the
geronimo-plugins.xml for Tomcat.  I'll also try adding some comments in
the geronimo-plugins.xml and see if it makes it into the config.xml.

Joe

Re: config.xml changes

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

David Jencks wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>

>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> Thanks for the explanation David.  I'll look into the
>>> geronimo-plugins.xml for Tomcat.  I'll also try adding some comments
>>> in the geronimo-plugins.xml and see if it makes it into the config.xml.
>>
>> Well, I guess adding comments into geronimo-plugin.xml isn't going to
>> work since those files themselves are generated too.  I think this all
>> goes back to the poms, right?
>
> Yes, but I would think we could add comment elements there -- didn't
> someone recently add this less-volatile way of commenting?  BTW I expect
> to be reworking the LocalAttributeManager to use jaxb shortly.

I'll keep on experimenting.  Comments added in the pom
<config-xml-content> don't make it into the geronimo-plugin.xml or the
config.xml.

I'm not sure what the less-volatile way of commenting is but I'll keep
looking.  I did see some enhancements to preserve comments that were
added by users to config.xml.

BTW, the TomcatEngine gbean didn't appear in the config.xml because it
was already "commented out" in the pom with info on how to remove access
logging (which is why I started looking into this in the first place :-) ).

Joe

Re: config.xml changes

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@jnwd.net>.
David Jencks wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>

>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> Thanks for the explanation David.  I'll look into the
>>> geronimo-plugins.xml for Tomcat.  I'll also try adding some comments
>>> in the geronimo-plugins.xml and see if it makes it into the config.xml.
>>
>> Well, I guess adding comments into geronimo-plugin.xml isn't going to
>> work since those files themselves are generated too.  I think this
>> all goes back to the poms, right?
>
> Yes, but I would think we could add comment elements there -- didn't
> someone recently add this less-volatile way of commenting?  BTW I
> expect to be reworking the LocalAttributeManager to use jaxb shortly.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>>
>> Joe

There has been a change added that allows comments to be maintained in
the config.xml file through server start/stops and config changes.  It
requires the use of the attributes-1.2 schema (which seems to be the
currently used version in the geronimo-plugins.xml files).  So, it
shouldn't be too painful to add support for comments in the
geronimo-plugins.xml.

Where are these files being generated from the poms?

Jay

Re: config.xml changes

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: config.xml changes