Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Knuplesch, Jürgen <Ju...@icongmbh.de> on 2007/11/09 10:01:13 UTC

UNC path usage for Javadoc task and Windows XP

Hello,

I am working under Windows XP.

I want to use an UNC-Path to put there documents created by Javadoc.

The challenge occurs, that I am able to create a directory via mkdir, but the javadoc task interprets this path as a local path and not as a network path:

    <property name="javadoc.kundenapi.dir" location="${target.dirbase2}/KundenApi"/>

    <mkdir dir="${javadoc.kundenapi.dir}"/>

    <javadoc destdir="${javadoc.kundenapi.dir}"
        access="public"

The following properties ar used:
targetdirbase=//srv01/projekte/DOPE-V3/nightly_builds/temp/

    <property name="target.dirbase1a" location="${targetdirbase}/${cvs.branchtag}"/>
    <property name="target.dirbase2" location="${target.dirbase1a}/${dope.buildtime}"/>

The mkdir writes on the network-path, but the Javadoc is written to \srv01 on the local machine.

How can I tell Javadoc to write on the network-path?

--
Jürgen Knuplesch
icon Systemhaus GmbH

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121

Re: UNC path usage for Javadoc task and Windows XP

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Knuplesch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working under Windows XP.
>
> I want to use an UNC-Path to put there documents created by Javadoc.
>
> The challenge occurs, that I am able to create a directory via mkdir, but the javadoc task interprets this path as a local path and not as a network path:
>
>     <property name="javadoc.kundenapi.dir" location="${target.dirbase2}/KundenApi"/>
>
>     <mkdir dir="${javadoc.kundenapi.dir}"/>
>
>     <javadoc destdir="${javadoc.kundenapi.dir}"
>         access="public"
>

> The following properties ar used:
> targetdirbase=//srv01/projekte/DOPE-V3/nightly_builds/temp/
>
>     <property name="target.dirbase1a" location="${targetdirbase}/${cvs.branchtag}"/>
>     <property name="target.dirbase2" location="${target.dirbase1a}/${dope.buildtime}"/>
>

> The mkdir writes on the network-path, but the Javadoc is written to \srv01 on the local machine.
>
> How can I tell Javadoc to write on the network-path?

It may be that javadoc doesnt handle network paths on windows
- try using \\srv01\projecte as the path, with backslashes
-try mounting the path as a drive

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/