Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2014/11/11 14:44:56 UTC

JIRA project TAV

JIRA ids are separate ids (because you can have a JIRA account without
needing an Apache id).

Please could I have JIRA ids for volunteers to be JIRA admins for TAV?
At least 2 or 3 from the PPMC.

(If you want issue imported from elsewhere, then that needs someone to
own the process.)

	Andy

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Robert Haines <rh...@manchester.ac.uk>.
I am hainesr in the Apache Jira.

Rob

--
Robert Haines
myGrid Team

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Aleksandra Nenadic <a....@manchester.ac.uk>.
I am anenadic in Apache JIRA.

Cheers,
Aleks

--
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dr Aleksandra Nenadic

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <br...@cs.man.ac.uk>.
Hi all,

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Jira account is ianwdunlop

Cheers,

Ian

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.
Agree that the original Jira list would need to be pruned and
curated.. we should have a look at how big the list is after that - it
might be just like 150 issues that are still relevant.

I guess we could work around and say only copy over the title and a
link back to the original issue at dev.mygrid.org.uk, which should
stay around.

I'll chat to Gavin here in Budapest.

On 18 November 2014 10:55, Christian Brenninkmeijer

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <br...@cs.man.ac.uk>.

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
> I am not so sure about not having multiple code
> repositories/tags/releases. We will have to do multiple binary
> releases anyway due to operating system-specific installers (e.g. as
> in OpenOffice, but not as large!) - but it could be a bit awkward with
> module versioning and timing if it's "just one big thing"

Just on this point - if you are building multiple binaries from one
frozen version of the codebase, then that is one release.

	Andy

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
Looks like you still need to make your initial code contribution, so you
should do that first. See
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-ip-clearance

Here's a the guideline on release management for podlings, which all the
committers should become familiar with:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html.  And see also
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html.  You want to think this through
when creating your source code tree structure.

Marlon

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Hi All,

I'm at Budapest at the INFRA table in the Hackathon room if anyone want to chat about it.

Gav…

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
Two general points:

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
> I talked to Andy here at ApacheCon in Budapest (hah everything on the list!)
>
> and we discussed the thing of importing the existing Taverna issues
> into Apache's Jira.

[snip]

Re: JIRA project TAV

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.