Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2014/03/15 09:57:00 UTC

MetaModel 4.1 release?

Hi all,

I feel like we should start planning MetaModel 4.1. In the current master
branch we have a number of nice improvements that I'm really excited about
and would like to see released. The main points from changes.txt:

[METAMODEL-11] - New module "MetaModel-spring" which adds a convenient
FactoryBean to produce various types of DataContext objects based on
externalizable parameters, for Spring framework users.
[METAMODEL-41] - Added a parser for SimpleTableDef objects
(SimpleTableDefParser). It parses statements similar to CREATE TABLE
statements, although without the "CREATE TABLE" prefix. For example: foo
(bar INTEGER, baz VARCHAR)
[METAMODEL-32] - Fixed thread-safety issue in Excel module when tables
(sheets) metadata is updated.
[METAMODEL-35] - Improved query rewriting for DB2 when paged queries
contain ORDER BY clause.
[METAMODEL-39] - Added pooling of active/used Connections and
PreparedStatements in JDBC compiled queries.

I think also the HBase module (in a branch) is looking rather OK for a
first release. Maybe we can aim to finish up this module and include it. In
that case I am all for releasing MetaModel again with a version number like
4.1.

Of course we could also go for just a minor release bump like 4.0.1, but I
think actually the addition of Spring module and potentially also HBase
module is great news.

What do you guys think?

- Kasper

Re: MetaModel 4.1 release?

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
I merged the 'hbase-module' branch into master. With Tomasz' contribution
on the GET semantics of HBase, I think that module is looking good enough
for a spin in a release candidate or so. I'll bump the old thread on HBase
to show an updated status.

Re: MetaModel 4.1 release?

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Re: MetaModel 4.1 release?