Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Martin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/22 12:33:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Union of Traversals

Dear TinkerPop developers!

I was recently faced with the task to create the union of a given list
of (anonymous) traversals, each of which had defined start and end
steps. The intended effect was similar to a "UNION ALL" in SQL. This
turned out to be tricky to achieve in Gremlin. Please find the details,
the workaround, and my proposed solution (having "union" as a traversal
start step) here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2873?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17692159#comment-17692159

I'm happy to discuss this matter. Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Martin Häusler

Re: [DISCUSS] Union of Traversals