Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Webster Homer <we...@sial.com> on 2017/05/09 17:21:20 UTC

Re: CDCR Alias support?

Still no answer to this. I've been investigating using the collections API
for backup and restore. If CDCR supports collection aliases this would make
things much smoother as we would restore to a new collection and then
switch the alias to reference the new collection.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Webster Homer <we...@sial.com>
wrote:

> Looking at the cdcr API and documentation I wondered if the source and
> target collection names could be aliases. This is not discussed in the cdcr
> documentation, when I have time I was going to test this, but if someone
> knows for certain it might save some time.

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: CDCR Alias support?

Posted by Webster Homer <we...@sial.com>.
The CDCR request handler doesn't support aliases.
The source and target collections listed in the replica must be
collections, nothing happens if they are aliases for a collection. No
errors anywhere, just nothing.

If a non-existent collection is listed I see errors, with an alias it just
doesn't do anything. It should either work or throw an error