Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2014/07/13 07:01:04 UTC

Question about Global Settings

Hi,

I'm doing a code review and had a question that I thought someone might be
able to answer for me:

Do we typically allow vendor-specific config values in Global Settings?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Question about Global Settings

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
We have midonet-specific settings in there, wouldn't that be vendor
specific? I'm totally unfamiliar with midonet, so I have to ask.

Erik
13. juli 2014 07:01 skrev "Mike Tutkowski" <mi...@solidfire.com>
følgende:

Posted by Suresh Ramamurthy <su...@nuagenetworks.net>.
Hi Alena,

Thanks for pointing out the document about global properties. I have
updated NuageVsp plugin to use global properties as mentioned in the
document.

Thanks
Suresh Ramamurthy

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amit Das <am...@cloudbyte.com>.

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.
I don't see any issues using vendor/plugin specific settings as long as its use is limited to the plugin code.

But there is limitations in the framework related to the way plugin specific stuff is handled. Ideally you would want to create db schema/configurations related to a plugin only if it is installed/used. But currently thats not the case, all plugin schemas are always created.