Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ian Turner <ve...@vectro.org> on 2006/12/04 05:50:34 UTC

New Rule: OE_MULTIPART_RELATED

Hello list,

For your consideration:

header __MULTIPART_RELATED Content-Type =~ /multipart\/related/

meta OE_MULTIPART_RELATED (__OE_MUA && __MULTIPART_RELATED)
describe OE_MULTIPART_RELATED Possible image spam forged as from MS Outlook

The false Positive rate on my corpus is 0.1%. I can't tell you about the false
negative rate since I don't keep my spam (only my ham).

This rule works very well on the pump-and-dump image spam that has been
escaping my spamassassin installation for the last few months. Although
Outlook Express is capable of generating messages with multipart/related MIME
type, it only does that if the user creates an HTML message with inline
images. This happens occasionally but rarely (hence the 0.1%). I expect the
perceptron might give this rule a score of perhaps +0.5, which is not enough
to catch the pump-and-dump image spam by itself, but works well in
conjunction with Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ImageInfo.

Thoughts on this rule?

--Ian Turner