Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/08 15:37:59 UTC

RTC Certification Authority (CA) portlet

I have posted a patch to "GERONIMO-2413 Add a Certification Authority (CA)
portlet to Geronimo console".  The patch contains CA portlet and CA Helper
application.  JIRA comment provides a few instructions on  a minimal
(end-to-end setup of CA and the helper application) task that can be
performed using the portlet.  Please take time to review the patch, try the
CA portlet and the helper application.

Thanks,
vamsi
PS: JIRA also has patch for branches\1.1 .  This patch is only intended for
those who want to try the portlet in 1.1.x.

Re: RTC Certification Authority (CA) portlet

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

Thank you for reviewing the CA portlet and providing your comments.  My
response to your queries and comments:

o  On the UI, I did my best.  I have tested the page navigation etc and it
seems to be ok.  There may be some minor issues which I am not aware of.
Those will be addressed as they surface.
o  Copyright headers will be updated before the patch is committed.
o  The helper application is a reference application.  In producton, ideally
it should be running on HTTPS and some of the pages like, request
certificate and download certificate should have restricted access based on
userid, password, etc.
o  The helper application should be started only after completing the CA
initialization part.
o  Regarding making this as a portlet in Console, I wanted to take advantage
of the framework we already have in console UI and spend more time on the CA
functionality.
o  Portlet title will be changed so that it won't wrap.
o  I will take a look at GERONIMO-2007 to take care of the BasicProxyManager
warnings.

Regards,
Vamsi

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.