Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2019/01/02 13:51:15 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

+1 (binding)

Posted by Hagay Lupesko <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying Justin.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hagay Lupesko <lu...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Good call. I will work with my colleagues in Amazon to try and help with
this.

I'm not sure what is the best approach with 3P code issues though: you call
out 3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt as having a mix of license types and having
other issues. However, this is part of another repo, integrated into MXNet
as a git submodule (https://github.com/onnx/onnx-tensorrt.git).
Is it necessary to "fix" licensing of 3P packages as well? I think this
will be very difficult...

Curious to get your thoughts and perspective.

Hagay

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

-1(binding)

I brought up an issue in the 1.2 release and it hasn’t been addressed yet. This release contains plan text CC-BY-2.5 content [1] this is category X. I see that you asked to have the license changed but it is still CC-BY-2.5) and the file is still included in the release.

I’ll post a full review later today.

Thanks,
Justin

1. apache-mxnet-src-1.4.0.rc0-incubating/3rdparty/googletest/googlemock/docs/DevGuide.md
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b (CC-BY-2.5 must be in binary form)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Posted by Steffen Rochel <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gang - thanks for your feedback. I filed
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/13773, please add details
on your specific environment and specific build configuration.

Dear MXNet mentors and IPMC members - we are still one vote short. Please
test the MXNet v1.4.0.rc0 release and provide your feedback and vote.

Regards,
Steffen

Posted by "Gang(Gary) Wang" <ga...@apache.org>.
Happy New Year!