Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/01 00:43:09 UTC

HTTP 404 with a %22 at the end of the URL, what does it mean ?

I get this error message when I try to go from one jsp to another. For
example, I have a welcome.jsp opening page. I have a simple
Trail Reviews button that when I click it simply goes to another jsp,
trailReview.jsp.  At this point, the url is
http://localhost:8080/project-1c/trailReview.jsp?. Everything's fine so far.
Then, I have a button to enter a new review, which  would
go to another jsp page titled trailReviewNew.jsp . But when I click on that
button to go to the page to enter a new review, instead
I get
HTTP Status 404
/project-1c/trailReview.jsp%22  The requested resource is not available.
The %22 is probably what's causing that, but I'm not sure what
the %22 means in the first place.
    Can anybody please explain this to me ? Thanks,

Adam Posner

Re: HTTP 404 with a %22 at the end of the URL, what does it mean ?

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> /project-1c/trailReview.jsp%22  The requested resource is not available.
> The %22 is probably what's causing that, but I'm not sure what
> the %22 means in the first place.

It's an escaped quote (") mark. Look at where you're generating this
URL.

HTH!