Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by "F.Ozgur Catak" <f....@gmail.com> on 2009/12/10 20:16:30 UTC

ItemBasedRecommender

Hi,

I think there's a lack of help file for this project. I started to use
recommendation system. I use GenericItemBasedRecommender. How can I find
documentation for this class.

Thanks

Ozgur CATAK

Re: ItemBasedRecommender

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:47 PM, F.Ozgur Catak <f....@gmail.com> wrote:
> and Converted using MemoryIDMigrator to long values like
>
> 1903325046098094985,5192157078505275458,-3162216497309240828

I don't understand what the third value is? I think this is your
problem -- should be a preference value.

> When i used Euclidean distance there is no recommendation, but Log
> likelihood Based Item Similarity gives me results which seems very good.
> So, If I use string based input data for recommendation, do I have to use
> "Log likelihood Based Item Similarity"?

You would have to tell me more about your data (see question above)
and what code you are using. Something tells me you have accidentally
transformed your *preference values* or something and are using
"-3162216497309240828" as a preference value! This would mean all
Euclidean distance similarities round to 0, so nothing can be
recommended.

Log-likelihood ignores preference value so isn't affected by the issue above.

Re: ItemBasedRecommender

Posted by "F.Ozgur Catak" <f....@gmail.com>.
I used Log Likelihood Similarity and Euclidean distance. My input file is
string

CustomerNo,Part No
TR433;SPTBY-1711
TR433;SPTBL-1711
TR433;SPTKP-1711
TR746;TDTBY-861
TR746;TDTBL-861
TR746;TDTKP-861

and Converted using MemoryIDMigrator to long values like

1903325046098094985,5192157078505275458,-3162216497309240828
2276278324672472631,496035984324855953,-3162216497309240828
2276278324672472631,2666580089560192147,-3162216497309240828
2276278324672472631,-3436879215117796241,-3162216497309240828
7260913912542566719,8688228931167592947,-3162216497309240828
7260913912542566719,5860894063367472580,-3162216497309240828

When i used Euclidean distance there is no recommendation, but Log
likelihood Based Item Similarity gives me results which seems very good.
So, If I use string based input data for recommendation, do I have to use
"Log likelihood Based Item Similarity"?

Thanks

Ozgur CATAK

Ph.D. Student