Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Esteban Sancho <es...@globant.com> on 2009/11/06 19:23:19 UTC

Exposing run info with JMX

Hi folks,

I've already written a MBean to expose the number of active threads
(virtual users) but had little luck finding a hook to register this MBean
during startup. The only way I found so far to register the bean properly
and obtain the right info from JMeterContextService was in a sampler but
it's not exactly what we're looking for.

We need this MBean to run in all slaves for a remote monitoring console to
be able to correlate client and server resource consumption with the
number of active users. The sampler approach seems to fail short here.

Other option we've tried was to create a wrapper for MainDriver to
register the MBean before or after main() execution but had problems with
the dynamic class loader used by JMeter.

The perfect solution would be some kind of simple plugin (non-gui) invoked
during JMeter startup. Is there any way to do this currently? If not,
could you please point me in the right direction to implement it?

Thanks,

Esteban