Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ravi116 <ra...@countrywide.com> on 2006/11/20 18:30:12 UTC

Custom Authentication

1. Can we implement NTLM or SSL authentication based on some HTTP header
value ?
2. How do we implement an authorization model with single-sign on ? Realms ?

Ravi

Re: Custom Authentication

Posted by Ravi116 <ra...@countrywide.com>.
Marcus,
Thanks for your response. Let me elaborate on 1st question -
Need to authenticate users either using NTLM or SSL based on whether is user
in domain or not. Can we implement our own auth-method in login-config in
web.xml ? Part of the requirement is to make shared/single-sign-on across
web applications.
Ravi

Re: Custom Authentication

Posted by Marcus Williford <mw...@gmail.com>.
Ravi,

I'll try to help:

1.  You could enforce the request.isSecure() along with a header check in
your servlet and redirect to a secure port.  Perhaps you could also do this
in a filter, check the header, then check to see if secure.  I'm not sure I
understood your question completely, but I hope this helps.

2.  I've recently used a custom Realm by extending RealmBase, then placing
that realm in the server/lib directory in jar format.  Then simply create a