Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca> on 2000/11/08 02:07:46 UTC

Patches, and so forth

Hi, all

First off, I'd like to thank all the developers who are actively looking at
FOP, and submitting patches. It seems that we have an active group right now,
and I'm pleased to see that. I think we'll see some sustained development
activity over the next few months, for sure, which is awesome.

Some of the other committers have been shouldering the load of submitting
patches, and I'd like to thank them for doing that. I've been off playing on
another CVS branch, but I got to feeling a bit guilty, so I'm checking out a
pristine copy of the main branch so I can help out with patches also. I don't
think I'll have much luck tonight (I've tried twice) - probably because of the
%$@#!!* American presidential election.

As a general note to patch submitters, if you believe that something slipped
by, and I don't know if anything has (because folks like Steve Coffman have
been keeping a sharp eye out), bug and pester us. Just because we're committers
doesn't mean we exactly own the project - we guide it, is all.

Again, thank you. I'm always charged up when I see how many people are looking
through the code and coming up with new ideas.

Regards, Arved Sandstrom

 --
Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)