Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/25 13:09:59 UTC

Uploading of Volume - how does what here ?

Hi guys,

I'm just uploading a Volume, and I guess it will end up on the CEPH storage
that we are using.

So my qyestion would be: VOLUME will end up on the primary storage in the
end, but right now, I can see that the SSVM is actuall y downloading the
Volume from internet, and writing it to Secondary Storage at the moment.

WHat happens next - I know that both SSVM and ofcoure my NFS server, can
not write/talk at all to CEPH ?

Does maybe some randomly choosen host, mounts Secondary Storage NFS, read
Volume, and upload/write to CEPH ? (Since only hypervisor hosts can
actually talk to CEPH)

Thanks in advance for clarification...

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Uploading of Volume - how does what here ?

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Andrija,

I think this is one of those cases where we can verify it empirically. :-)
Start a volume upload and keep an eye on "ps", "top", "iotop", "df"/"mount" etc on the hypervisors.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Now you see, that is 5 star answer :)

Thank you very much Marcus

@Nux, will confirm what Marcus said, as you proposed with top and ther
stuff - I just wanted confirmation/info, that I got from Marcus.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.