Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cauchy Song <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/15 02:57:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 2.2.9 Released

2008/6/14 Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>:

>  When upgrading or installing this version of Apache, please bear in mind
>  that if you intend to use Apache with one of the threaded MPMs (other
>  than the Prefork MPM), you must ensure that any modules you will be using
>  (and the libraries they depend on) are thread-safe.

Is this means that I can't use apache 2.2.9 in those no kernel space
threads OS, like OpenBSD ?

Dongsheng Song

Re: [users@httpd] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 2.2.9 Released

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Jun 14, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Cauchy Song wrote:

>> When upgrading or installing this version of Apache, please bear in
>> mind
>> that if you intend to use Apache with one of the threaded MPMs (other
>> than the Prefork MPM), you must ensure that any modules you will be
>> using
>> (and the libraries they depend on) are thread-safe.
>>

> Is this means that I can't use apache 2.2.9 in those no kernel space
> threads OS, like OpenBSD ?

Yes, but use the Prefork MPM, as before.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org

[users@httpd] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 2.2.9 Released

Posted by Cauchy Song <ca...@gmail.com>.
oops, my brain dead.

In OpenBSD, I can only use Prefork MPM & any 2.2 modules.