Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Yuval Feinstein <yu...@answers.com> on 2009/11/23 11:58:59 UTC

How to submit BM25 scoring library to Lucene

Hi.
I would like to submit a BM25 scoring library to Lucene under contrib.
The library is a modification of Joaquin Perez Iglesias' work described at the link below:
http://nlp.uned.es/~jperezi/Lucene-BM25/
a. Do I need a Jira issue for this?
b. I have explain() methods inside some Scorers. I know they are deprecated under Lucene 2.9.1.
Do I need to erase them?
TIA,
Yuval Feinstein

Re: How to submit BM25 scoring library to Lucene

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Sounds great!

Yes, please open a Jira issue, create a patch, and post it.

Mike

Posted by Yuval Feinstein <yu...@answers.com>.
Yes, indeed, I want to contribute this to the Lucene trunk.
-- Yuval

Nice. I believe you want to contribute this to the trunk (which is 3.1), not 2.9.1.

-- Avi
http://nlp.uned.es/~jperezi/Lucene-BM25/<http://nlp.uned.es/%7Ejperezi/Lucene-BM25/>

Posted by Avi Rosenschein <ar...@gmail.com>.