Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl> on 2002/03/26 13:11:01 UTC

Torque with Ms-Access

Hi,

For a new project we are looking at using MS-Access for our database,
apparantly they only need something like 9 tables.

I want to use Torque/Peers for the database access but would like to know if
anyone else has tried it, pitfalls/tips would also be welcome. OR does
anyone know a good alternative to Ms-Access? MySql is considered too big for
only 9 tables. I also thought of sleppycat DB as an option.

thx in advance

/Colin

Re: Torque with Ms-Access

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Torque is known to not work well with Access.  Support was added a long
time ago, but there were too many problems to support it, so it was
removed.

I would recommend Hypersonic, if I had ever tried it, but I guess I will
have to leave that to someone else.  The initial developer has stopped
development on it, others have picked up the codebase, but not sure how
they are doing with it.

john mcnally