Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/16 10:42:36 UTC

jar:snapshot is deprecated, what is the replacement?

I get:

jar:snapshot:
    [echo] DEPRECATED: jar:snapshot is deprecated

when doing a jar:snapshot. The homepage doesn't mention the goal is
deprecated or a replacement. Anyone know?

Re: jar:snapshot is deprecated, what is the replacement?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
dIon,

I deprecated it because it was inconsistent with the other plugins,
and couldn't think of a use case for it. IIRC, it just switches
maven.final.name to a timestamped version. Do you have a use case that
isn't covered by install/deploy-snapshot?

- Brett