Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/05 00:48:22 UTC

Re: Contribute to Trac or Apache Bloodhound

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:52:28 -0500, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>
wrote :

> I've gladly granted you with the necessary permissions @ transifex so
> that you can move faster on this direction . If you need any other
> kind of help and/or infrastructure please post of your progress via
> dev@bloodhound.apache.org . Since long time ago we've been wanting o
> contribute an Spanish (... maybe Russian) translation as well , but
> had no time to spend on the initial scaffolding needed.
>
> I'm quite sure that others will follow , see downloads geo map [2]_ ;)

Hello Olemis,

I don't have the necessary permissions in Transifex to upload new files
to translate.
Maybe you can grant me the permissions ?

Thanks

Re: Contribute to Trac or Apache Bloodhound

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 19:35:46 -0500, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>
> wrote :
>
> > On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Hello Olemis,
> > >
> > > I don't have the necessary permissions in Transifex to upload new
> > > files to translate.
> > > Maybe you can grant me the permissions ?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >

> > I have added you as maintainer in this project
> > https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/bloodhound
> >
> > I hope this is enough for you to perform some actions , otherwise
> > please let me know to figure out what should be done .
> >

> Thanks, I have managed to create the new resources (i.e. the plugins
> strings to translate).

\o/

> I have to look up how to automate the process of uploading the .po
> files automatically after each commit.
> Do you think that we can create the .po files automatically after each
> commit ?

I'm not sure , I guess we might have unstable versions that might fail ...

>  It may be polluting the repository to check in the new .po file after

each commit, so it may not be a good idea (but if we go this way, it
> may be easier with transifex as we can specify the URL of the .po file
> to auto-update I think).

... but we could setup a dedicated branch ?

> As for downloading the resulting translations, for the moment I think
> it can be done manually before each release (and for testing of course).

... initially I think it's ok ; we could improve the workflow later

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Contribute to Trac or Apache Bloodhound

Posted by Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com>.

wrote :

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:52:28 -0500, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>
> > wrote :
> >
> > > I've gladly granted you with the necessary permissions @
> > > transifex so that you can move faster on this direction . If you
> > > need any other kind of help and/or infrastructure please post of
> > > your progress via dev@bloodhound.apache.org . Since long time ago
> > > we've been wanting o contribute an Spanish (... maybe Russian)
> > > translation as well , but had no time to spend on the initial
> > > scaffolding needed.
> > >
> > > I'm quite sure that others will follow , see downloads geo map
> > > [2]_ ;)
> > >

> > Hello Olemis,
> >
> > I don't have the necessary permissions in Transifex to upload new
> > files to translate.
> > Maybe you can grant me the permissions ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> I have added you as maintainer in this project
> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/bloodhound
>
> I hope this is enough for you to perform some actions , otherwise
> please let me know to figure out what should be done .

Thanks, I have managed to create the new resources (i.e. the plugins
strings to translate).

I have to look up how to automate the process of uploading the .po
files automatically after each commit.
Do you think that we can create the .po files automatically after each
commit ?
It may be polluting the repository to check in the new .po file after
each commit, so it may not be a good idea (but if we go this way, it
may be easier with transifex as we can specify the URL of the .po file
to auto-update I think).

As for downloading the resulting translations, for the moment I think
it can be done manually before each release (and for testing of course).

Regards,

Re: Contribute to Trac or Apache Bloodhound

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.