Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nikola Vulovic <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/03 17:59:38 UTC

implementation of 'tapestry.hmac-passphrase

i get this error message in log and in AlertManager
(ClientDataEncoderImpl.java:61) - The symbol 'tapestry.hmac-passphrase' has
not been configured. This is used to configure hash-based message
authentication of Tapestry data stored in forms, or in the URL. You
application is less secure, and more vulnerable to denial-of-service
attacks, when this symbol is not configured.

I wish to implement tapestry.hmac-passphrase
Hope someone can tell me exactly what to do

--
Pozdrav Nikola Vulovic

Re: implementation of 'tapestry.hmac-passphrase

Posted by Chris Cureau <cm...@gmail.com>.
http://tapestry.apache.org/configuration.html#Configuration-tapestry.hmacpassphrase

Hint: Don't change it once its set.

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
This is the simplest form:
configuration.add(SymbolConstants.HMAC_PASSPHRASE, "abcdef");
You can put in any kind of string, i.e. "application password"
that does not change frequently.
You can use random password generator to generate this string and just hardcode it.